Thursday, June 18, 2009

Second week.....surgery

This week I am in the general surgery unit. Today I was able to assist on an below the knee amputation. What an experience. We have had plenty of interesting surgeries that have kept us busy. I hope to climb Table Mountain tomorrow (search for it on Google), it should be a beautiful day. This weekend I will be going to the Stellenbausch wine region for everything from wine tasting to cheese and chocolate tasting.


Last weekend we went on the Garden Route. We spent the days climbimg through incredible caves and going on game drives. I even was able to mingle with some elephants and ostrich. Also I did the 700ft World Record bungee jump from Bloukrans Bridge, which was rediculous. I have still not been able to get internet that is efficient enough to upload my pictures and videos, but I will try to get them up next week.

Much love from winter in Cape Town!

5 comments:

  1. Checked out Table Mountain. Wow. What a view! Enjoy every minute....

    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Aunt Leah.

    I was in South Africa a few years ago. East Cape and then Capetown. The internet there is sketchy. I stayed a hostel in Capetown and they had one 9600 baud modem.I went to Aldo Elephant Park and it took 20 minutes for the computer to get a credit card approval. I was in Bushveldt and we needed rifles to go the outhouse. It was also 45 minutes to the paved road.

    They are the nicest people I have ever met. I still have friends there today. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca just told me that Aunt Leah isn't your Aunt Leah, she's your Grandmother. I said, duh.

    The BAZ bus is good way to get crosscountry. The rikki is a good way cross Capetown. Do not give money to street beggers...they say there "a hand out isn't a hand up." We had one on our expedition lose his passport that way.

    I stayed at the Breakwater Lodge and the Long Street Backpapers hostel. Go at least one night to the Drum Cafe, it is a couple blocks from Long Street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael,
    Thank you for keeping us informed to your experiences in Cape Town. I know you'll learn a great deal and enjoy doing it !

    Wishing you a very Happy Birthday ! We'll have a celebration when you get home.

    Uncle Mark says Happy Birthday to you also !!

    Love,
    Nonna e Zio Marco

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MPC!

    All the best from here in NYC (P.S., I am getting through your thesis slowly but surely) Eagerly awaiting the next report from CT -- see you in Aug.

    Love you, cuzz!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete